Here’s what you can expect between the time the contract is accepted and subject-free and the time the transaction completes:
UPON ACCEPTANCE OF SUBJECT-FREE OFFER:
Buyer to arrange transition of services
- BC Hydro
- Fortis Gas
(604-576-7000 or 888-224-2710)
- Shaw Cable (TV, High-Speed Internet, telephone)
- Telus (Phone, High-Speed Internet, cable TV)
1 WEEK PRIOR TO COMPLETION:
- Client to make appointment with his/her chosen lawyer or notary to execute the required transfer of title and mortgage documents
- Lawyer will advise buyer of exact amount of funds required for closing (purchase price, adjustments, property transfer tax, legal fees).
- Transfer of title documents registered at Land Title office
- Respective lawyers will call their clients to advise of registration number
- Macdonald Realty conveyancing will be advised of registration number to evidence successful closing
- Buyer will receive keys from their Realtor at the appointed time as per the Contract of Purchase and Sale.